Black Cats are Lost Animals that will wander onto farms. Farmers have the option to help the animal or send it away. By helping it, it becomes available for a farmer's neighbors to adopt. Black cats take 3 days to grow and will yield 86 coins for the farmer when harvested. Originally the command for harvesting the kitten was "Collect Yarn", but it was later changed to "Brush Kitten." Apparently, the cat is searching for his/her friend the Cat-O'-Lantern. It is based off the real world black cat.
- An Orange Tabby version of the Cat is available in the Market.
- A Black Cat appears inside of the Cat-O'-Lantern.
- Black Cats were the first animal to be brushed instead of collected from and were the only, until Reindeer were released.
- Prior to being brushed, you could collect Yarn from the Black Cats.
- A Black Cat's name refers to it as an adult 'cat'; however, when a farmer brushes a cat, it is called a 'kitten'.
See also Modifier